1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Disable Internet Explorer 8 site suggestion function

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Kloppstock, Jun 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Kloppstock

Kloppstock Thread Starter

Now when Internet Explorer 8 is finally a bit moore realiable it feels prioritated to fix this issue..for me its an issue atleast, everytime i write in an adress i get site suggestions after "first word" typed in, picking from my favorites and previous unrelated sitevisits.

how do i disable this damn function thei dont even have asked for to enable in the first place?

It will not be enough to link to a Microsoft FAQ that i can search throu myself, i even have diagnose papers (that im holding up infront of my screen right now :D) from the braindoctor that i can't search and find in large documents even thou the answer can be right infront of my eyes (y)
    so a direct klick by klick instruction paste could help here :cool:
    Thanks in advance

2. Joanyoung

Joanyoung

:)

Open IE
    click on tools top of the page , right hand side beside File Edit View Favourties, then tools is next, come down to Internet Options
    then click on the Content tab
    then the autocomplete box
    take the check out of web addresses
    then click on clear forms
    then in the general tab in Internet Options
    click on delete history

Hope this is clear enough for you to understand

joan

3. Kloppstock

Kloppstock Thread Starter

Infact it was almost to clear lol
    i remembered now that is nothing new for IE 8, and i have been in thoose boxes before yes, i just hade a temp memory loss

thanks alot

4. Joanyoung

Joanyoung

you are welcome Kloppstock

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/833953

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice