1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

disable language toolbar after instaling office 2003

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by JustSomeGuy1, Jan 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JustSomeGuy1

JustSomeGuy1 Thread Starter

i just installed office 2003 and everytime at computer startup the language toolbar shows up and i always have to rightclick and go to toolbars and unclick the language bar but it always comes back after i restart. How do i disable it for good.

2. Yorkshire Guy

Yorkshire Guy

Hi justsomeguy1,

Have you tried removing the unwanted languages from Control Panel?

Regional and Language Options/Languages.

If you only need one langusge then get rid of the rest and you won't need to select which to use each time. You might get a message saying that a language will only be deleted at the next re-boot since it is already referenced.

lol
    Hew

3. ChuckE

ChuckE

The Language bar that Guy is talking about is probably the thing that shows icons for "Microphone" "Handwriting" "Speech Tools" down in the Taskbar.

Yeah, it is annoying, and I have gone through many attempts myself in shutting it off and then it reappears the next time I re-start my desktop.

I do know how to shut it off, but it seems persistent in coming back later. I have about 5 computers I use at work and home and I eventually do something that finally keeps it off, but I have no idea what the single combination it is to do it correctly the first time. And I have tried many different combinations. Perhaps it is a "Windows do-it x times and I will remember" type of thing (there actually is at least one thing that actually has that sort of property).

Keep trying Guy; you'll probably get as lucky as I have been, in time.

4. Yorkshire Guy

Yorkshire Guy

Oops, Misread the problem.

Apologies,
    Hew

5. ChuckE

ChuckE

You weren't that far off.
    Actually the Language bar can also have a selection within it to display Language selections for the keyboard.

For example, mine will show a selectable 2-letter button [EN] for English, [ES] for Spanish, [DE] for German, etc. The displayed two letters let you know which keyboard you are using at the time.

Making a click on the two letters will bring up a selection for the others. Clicking on any will alter your keyboard to the language (some keys are remapped).

6. ChuckE

ChuckE

Hey JustSomeGuy1, I finally figured out how to correctly shut off that "Language Bar" that shows up un the Task Bar.

All you need to do is do a right-click over any of the Language bar buttons.
    Click on the "Settings" selection.
    That opens a "Text Services and Input Languages" window.
    In the Preferences area, click on the [Language Bar] button.
    Uncheck the "Show the Language bar on the desktop"

Click [OK] and [OK] and that's it.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324927

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice