1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Disable onboard video & Install new card?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DrakeonX, Dec 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrakeonX

DrakeonX Thread Starter

Hello, I'm having problems disabling a Dell Dimension 2400 Intel Integrated Extreme 3D graphics card and installing a new Radeon 9200 SE card. Every attempt to attach the new card results in a power up w/ nothing being displayed on screen (no BIOS or anything).

Is there a safe way to disable the on-board graphics card, that (in case the new card has problems) we can fall back to it without damaging the system? The new card is PCI by the way.

Thank You,
    DrakeonX

2. norton850

norton850

You can try this from Dell

Dell2400

Please let us know if it works because the last time this came up it didn't appear to work. I also saw a post on one of the Dell forums about a BIOS update allowing you to disabling onboard video. Don't know if this is true so I'll look into it.

3. DrakeonX

DrakeonX Thread Starter

Well, I ran into that site already, and although it does seem helpful, it seems to be almost impossible to find the appropriate driver (maybe the card is defective?). But the CD-ROM won't install on windows XP, and so far I've tried about 10 different drivers to no avail.

I'm starting to think the card is faulty because now that it is plugged in (monitor is still on the old card), the new card does not appear anywhere on the device manager nor the "add new hardware" option.

Can someone give me a link to the appropriate Radeon 9200SE Driver pack for Windows XP so that it can finally be determined if its a bad card or not?

Thank's again
    DrakeonX

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/312538

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice