1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Disable Problems that run at Starup.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Frezeboogz, Apr 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frezeboogz

Frezeboogz Thread Starter

I have 34 running processes on my computer.....i want to disable some of them.
    I could try msconfig...but i read some where that there is another command....

Whats that command??

and also can someone give me a link to "Black spider" or "Widow" or something similar. He is a guy with long hair and give alot of good advice...unfrotunately i dont remenber his name of his page.

2. rude

rude

3. Firah

Firah

You can go to Windows Startup to see what each entry means and uncheck the ones you don't want to start at startup.

To remove the entries you've unchecked, go to HERE for the instructions.

Downloading Reg file #148 (right-hand side) from HERE and running it should do it too.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/219663

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice