1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Disable Some Functions

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by CoasterFreak, Apr 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CoasterFreak

CoasterFreak Thread Starter

First Name:
    Everett
    I have a website and often i put up jpeg and gif pictures and stuff. Well you know how when you roll your mouse over the picture, the little icons pop up that are for saving, printing, e-mailing, etc. the picture....how do I disable that menu from comming up? I already have right-clicking disabled, now i Just need to disable that little menu and I'm all set. If anyone can help its appreciated, thanx.

2. Rockn

Rockn

It won't do any good. All images get cached ot the clients hard drive when the page opens. They already have them in their temporary internet files without having to save manually.

3. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

The Image Toolbar has nothing to do with your web page, its browser specific. Not everyone uses IE, ya know. Also, if you are trying to stop people from copying your images, don't try. If they can see it, they can save it.

4. CoasterFreak

CoasterFreak Thread Starter

First Name:
    Everett
    interesting..lol...so that means all those people who disable right clicking so their pictures can't be saved are wasting their time...thats kinda funny..lol Thanx:) (y)

5. Shadow2531

Shadow2531

Yes, they are wasting their time.

Well not really. They are just practicing javascript ;)

Plus in Opera, I have "allow script to receive right clicks" disabled, so those scripts have no effect anyways.

6. Snake~eyes

Snake~eyes

Even if you could disable that you'd still be wasting your time. There are several other ways to copy pictures, don't waste your time with that stuff. ;)

7. Fyzbo

Fyzbo

The only real method of stopping people from copying your images is to watermark them. Even that can be reversed though and it takes away from the images. I would suggest you just let them have the images. :cool:

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218818

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice