1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Disable sound cards remotely

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mcseguy9, Mar 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mcseguy9

mcseguy9 Thread Starter

Hi everyone. Is there a way to disable a sound card remotely? I tried doing it through Computer Management and I couldn't because it doesn't allow disabling things remotely (it told me it was in read-only mode because I was accessing a remote machine). I have a few Windows XP SP3 PC's that need their sound cards disabled. They're all on a Windows domain network and I am a domain admin so I'm not worried about permissions. Let me know what you think.

2. Paynesmanor

Paynesmanor

Get yourself a different prog to remotely access the computers. Like ultra VNC its free, and allows you to pull up the computers as if they were a webpage with full access to anything you would be able to do if sitting in front of them. MAKE SURE YOU PASSWORD PROTECT THEM, even if your the only one with access..

Lots of options in setting them up also, Like make it so they cant turn off the program that allows you to access the PC. ( my favorite)..

3. mcseguy9

mcseguy9 Thread Starter

I can remote into them and take over their desktop. We have the tools to do that already in place. However, I didn't want to do it that way if there was another way to do it in the background (without taking over their PC).

4. Paynesmanor

Paynesmanor

The VNC has an option to NOT take over, besides a little lag, they wont even know your there.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!