Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Disable touchpad

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Hughv 
#1 ·
I recently fixed my computer, and had some trouble with it.

I have fixed all these problems down to the last bit, no thanks to some, I'm even glad I didn't follow some of the bad advice... I need to disable my touchpad because the left mouse button doesn't work and the right button registers at random times, so I plugged in a usb mouse and everything is ho-hum except that because of the touchpad the right button goes sparatic sometimes... do I need to disable the driver? I think there should be another way...

#2 ·
whats the make and model of the machine - sometimes one of the F keys disables the touch pad - also if you go into control panel mouse - you can disable there

what windows version are you running

#4 ·
Page 45 of the user manual
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins1521/en/om_en/pdf/RT722A02MR.pdf
Customizing the Touch Pad
You can use the Mouse Properties window to disable the touch pad or adjust
the touch pad settings.
1 Click Start , and then click Control Panel.
2 Click Hardware and Sound.
3 Click Keyboard.
4 In the Mouse Properties window:
• Click the Device Select tab to disable the touch pad.
• Click the Touch Pad tab to adjust touch pad settings.
5 Click OK to save the settings and close the window.

#5 ·
I just recently worked on a Sony VAIO VGN series laptop that had a non-working left button and sporadic-working right button on the ALPS touchpad. I disabled the touchpad in the Device Manager and connected a USB scrolling optical mouse.

----------------------------------------------------------------

#7 ·
sorry about that - I thought I had the 1525 manual
But the 1525 manual has the same instructions
http://support.dell.com/support/sys.../systems/ins1526/en/om/keyboard.htm#wp1050951

Have you tried FN and the F5 key ?
or
Control Panel -> Mouse Properties -> Touch Pad to enable or disable the touchpad.
or
The touch pad can also be disabled through the device manager. Type devmgmt.msc in the Windows Run box to start the device manager, expand "Mice and other Pointing devices", right-click and disable the driver entry that says Touch pad or likewise.

#8 ·
Go to Control Panel Open Mouse, click on the touch pad that will show up. Then select Change Touch Pad Properties. You will find a button to disable the touchpad. There is also a check box to disable the touch pad if a USB Mouse is connected. My 1525, i just disable the touch pad as I don't like them. And yes I just checked before I posted this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.