1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Disable warning dialog when moving start menu shortcuts?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by videobruce, Jan 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. videobruce

videobruce Thread Starter

Running Win2k w/sp3; when you move a start menu shortcut by drag and drop with administartor rights a warning dialog box comes up stating that it will affect all users. How do you get rid of that annoying box?

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

AFAIK, you don't. I just click OK and move on. :) Normally, I use Explorer to rearrange the start menu if I'm moving a lot of stuff anyway, and the warning doesn't show up that way.

3. videobruce

There is ALWAYS a way....that's almost as bad as Gates saying he can't remove IE from Windows!

4. JohnWill

You may even be right, but I'm certain it's not worth my time to save the few moments in my lifetime responding to spend any time searching for the solution! Hell, how many times can you be moving the start menu icons around? :confused:

5. videobruce

Enough that I want to know!
    The way Windows assigns the start menu programs is terrible. You can customize everything else without those unneeded dialog boxes coming up.

6. JohnWill

As I explained before, you can also customize the start menu with Explorer and avoid any warnings. Since it's also much easier to work with Explorer for this task, I'm still at a total loss why you want to do it the hard way. :rolleyes:

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113959

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice