Disable windows media player streaming!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

skyline_2k7

hello,

so i went onto gametrailers.com to find a cool videogame trailer. i did and it gives you an option to download the file in either quicktime or windows media player format. i USED to just click on the windows media player link and then i would get a pop up saying download. BUT now i get a neew tab opened and then the video starts to STREAM!!! how do i disable windows media player from streaming the video. I JUST WANT TO DOWNLOAD TRAILERS.

thank you.

(the first picture is before i click, second pic is after i click and then it starts to stream instead of showing up the download toolbar.)

In Firefox options, Applications tab change the Action next to Movie clip to "Save". You might also have to change the .wmv option.

open the media payer click tools /options/network disable streaming protocols leave http ticked.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts