1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

disabled acounts

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by BTex, Feb 9, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. BTex

BTex Thread Starter

I see that Mr.Balzas got the bomb dropped on him. Is the diableing permanat? Does this happen often. Just courious I was thinking that he did need a good wack on the nose with a rolled up paper.

2. valley

valley

this is news to me. But good news. It seemed like he was only here to flame people. He may have had something valid to say but he went about it in the worst way. I am glad that to know that the "powers that be" who are in control here are doing their jobs and upholding the rules. :)

3. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

Btex: Depends on what rule his account was disabled under. I'm thinking one of these below. Gee and he seemed to be getting a tad less rude towards the end, Guess he back tracked to his original self. Take care, angel :)

<b>Crude or Rude Intent</b> - Tech Support Guy was designed to be a community of people who can help one-another, and should be completely free of any profanity and vulgar language. There is absolutely no excuse for being rude to a user. Uncivilized and offensive language (especially cursing of any sort), images, or anything else, used anywhere on the board (including your user name) is completely unacceptable.

<b>Irrelevant and/or Inflammatory Postings</b> - While we certainly don't discourage productive and useful debate relating to the particular topic at issue, posts that are made for the purpose of arguing or debating, in a nonproductive or inflammatory manner, an irrelevant or ancillary issue with either the topic starter or another poster are not permitted.

<b>First Offense</b>: The offending user will be contacting by email and the account will be immediately disabled. There will be no second offenses of this sort. In some rare cases, a user may be given a second chance after the account has been disabled for a while.

4. Stoner

Stoner Banned

It's news to me also.
    I suspect Balzac's inappropriate llanguage to the Ladies of TSG had a lot to do with the decision. No matter what a person's position on a topic is, His responses were uncouth and uncalled for.

5. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

I've changed my mind about balzac after reading the last few pages of "Doing the Math". Good riddance! Seems a person named Trevor is a close second for an 86. Take care. angel

6. Jonesiegirl

Jonesiegirl Guest

DUH, Marlene ... LOL :D :)

7. plschwartz

plschwartz

It appears to me that the late Mr. B was exactly the caraciture of a middle-american conservative that the lefties would like to see. A collection of his posts would roll them on the floor.

8. Rep

Rep

BTex -
    I have been frequenting this place for over a year now. Disabling of accounts have not been frequent. They usually occur after a warning or two. I would imagine the mods consult each other. Some ppl have been allowed to come back after a bit. After that it depends on how they behave. I am not sure if anybody is disabled permanently the first time or not.

I doubt if there have been more than 4-5 in the time I have been at the site. I only write of Random. I would imagine the people in the tech threads look upon numerous, blatent and wrongful advice given as a serious offense.

Now that I think of it, maybe that is why I don't offer much in the way of tech advice. :D

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117861

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice