1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Disabled DHCP now no internet

Discussion in 'Networking' started by BetaTester552, Dec 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BetaTester552

BetaTester552 Thread Starter

Good day!

I disabled my DHCP on my Huawei Mobile Router E5573, and now I can't connect to the internet. I tried setting up the IP manually but no avail. I can't physically get at the router at the moment, but I do wish to rectify this. Do you guys have any idea?

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    What is your problem with a static IP configuration?

Please explain what you mean. And why?

3. BetaTester552

so my routers IP address is 192.168.8.1, so I set my IP to 192.168.8.145, subnet to 255.255.255.0, and my default gateway as my routers IP 192.168.8.1. I also set my dns to googles open dns 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 respectively. But this configuration still doesnt work.

Well my routers in the kitchen and my parent turn on the alarm so I cant access it without setting off the alarm xD.

4. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

This thread sounds a bit suspicious to me......a mobile (celluar) router according to model posted and doesn't actually have physical access to it. Just my opinion.

5. BetaTester552

Oh I know. Its a convoluted setup due to my dad not wanting to get fiber. We just use a MiFi router and data sim for the rest of the family

6. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

Why are you changing any to that? Why are you even accessing the router setup?

7. BetaTester552

I did it to what i thought, would be able to get a static IP, as the main game i play just uses certain ports. But I read somewhere port forwarding doesnt work with DHCP so I stupidly tried to turn it off.

8. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    If you are right about the router's IP your IP configuration should work. Unless some other device has IP 192.168.8.145.

My advice is to talk to your father. After you/he gets this straightened out, and if you are still allowed to use the Wi-Fi, leave the router's Dhcp server alone.

For port forwarding you set a static IP on your computer (or whatever device) that is outside the range of addresses reserved for the Dhcp server to assign. Or, with many routers, you can allow your device to get a dynamic address but set the router to reserve a particular IP for you. Ask your father for help with this, as you need his permission to port forward anyhow since it is his router and internet service.

9. BetaTester552

funny enough im the one who does all the IT in the house. I'll just reset it tomorrow to default, should work just fine.

Forgot to mention if i sparked confusion, he does not pay for it, and its infact my router. he has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Ill just leave the port forwarding as is, something is finnicky about this router.

Thanks anyways all

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1237126

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice