1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

disabled graphics

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tuono24, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tuono24

tuono24 Thread Starter

I have a netbook running windows xp
    I was having problems with graphics accelerator to get the correct resolution so I disabled it hoping that a restart would sort it however it seems now that graphics have become disabled altogether ie it starts running through the windows startup screen but then it goes blank
    the windows start up tune plays and I hear files opening but screen is completely blank
    I've tried starting in safe mode but due to oem 'help' software (techguys from pc world) I cannot get anything other than their options
    can ayone please help
    thanks

sorry it just got a whole lot worse
    now it will not statrt due to missing or corrupt \windows\sysytem32\config\system
    i do not have original setup rom because it was oem and has no drives :(

2. huggie54

huggie54

hiya,go into your bios and enable the grahics in there

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920734

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice