1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Disabled Intel Graphics, now no display

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by darylxavier, May 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. darylxavier

darylxavier Thread Starter

Hi there, I recently disabled the Intel HD Graphics card on my PC because I've noticed that it is not using the Nvidia GPU at all so I thought I could make it use it by disabling the Intel Graphics. When I did that, the display disappears.

I searched online and what was suggested, CMOS Battery temporary removal, clear jumper, remove and clean heatsink and CPU fan, remove RAM, see if its dirty and all and it still would not work.

It gives a beep after starting and all the fans and wifi adapter PCI-E (status light) seem to work but no display.

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

You do not have an Intel graphics card - those graphics are integrated into the CPU
    I suspect the computer is a laptop or all in one is that correct please
    Post the make and full model details
    On many laptops and all-in-ones the computer will use the integrated graphics until the demand for graphics is high , then it will switch to the Nvidia graphics
    On some of the newer computers this cannot be prevented. Sometimes the computer will use the Intel integrated graphics when on battery and the Nvidia when on power.

I hope you have not proceeded with this remove and clean heatsink etc , as that could ONLY be applicable if the CPU was overheating and then the result would be a possible fault showing on the Intel graphics.

HOW did you disable or attempt to disable the Intel graphics.

3. austinpinto

austinpinto

hi.
    i can help you with this provided you follow the instructions properly.
    1. turn on computer and wait for 5 minutes.
    2. just try putting the password or anything that you have entered for signing in.
    3. now press and hold the windows key press r and leave both keys.
    4. type devmgmt.msc
    5. press tab once.
    6. press d
    7. press down arrow once.
    8. press right arrow once.
    9. press down arrow once again.
    10. press shift and f10 and leave both keys.
    11. press down arrow once.
    12. press enter.
    and your display should come back.
    however if you have removed the cmos battery then this will not work as you will be in bios.

4. darylxavier

Unfortunately I did try removing the CMOS Battery.

5. darylxavier

I went on the Device Manager, Right Click on Display Adapter, Right Click on the Intel Graphics and clicked on the Disable Device.

It is a PC, Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H, Intel i7-4770 CPU (intergrated Intel HD 4600 Graphics), Nvidia Quadro K2000D. The Fan on the GPU, CPU, Cooling Fan Runs. The status light on the WiFI PCI-E also shows power. When I start the PC, the fan starts running, a few seconds later the system speaker will make a short beep, and thats pretty much it.

6. Macboatmaster

That motherboard does NOT use the Intel graphics integrated in the processor unless you are connected to the graphics port on the I/O plate
    see my attached image
    8108_big.jpg
    The Nvidia card as here
    http://www.pny.eu/en/professional/explore-all-products/legacy-products/400-nvidia-quadro-k2000d
    or whatever make yours is does not attach to the I/O plate which as you can see from the image is where the mouse keyboard, speakers and LAN attach

The card is in the PCIe slot and the plate of the card will be on the back of the computer separate to the I/O plate

Here is the motherboard
    https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z87M-D3H-rev-1x#sp
    and on the specifications tab the I/O connectors are shown as
    Back Panel connectors

How many monitors do you have and where are they or the one attached to

darylxavier likes this.
  7. darylxavier

16D613EA-BF32-416F-B4FF-20248C8D3620.jpeg 245FEFD4-BA46-4494-81EC-51CFA18243CF.jpeg 16D613EA-BF32-416F-B4FF-20248C8D3620.jpeg 21F5368F-B296-46FA-ABB6-06CB1988692D.jpeg 02C644FA-DEDC-4B26-A880-5BD17629B496.jpeg
    I have 1 monitor and it is attached to the HDMI Port on the I/O Plate. The Nvidia has 2 DVI Ports. Also it is connected to the PCI-E Slot, and the other PCI-E has the Wi-Fi Adapter attached.

8. Macboatmaster

So you have either never been using the Nvidia card or are certainly not using it now
    Your monitor connection is to the I/O plate that as I have explained is the integrated graphics in the processor

You cannot use the Nvidia graphics unless you connect to them.

darylxavier likes this.
  9. darylxavier

Ohhh I seeee!!!!!! I see what you mean now. Unless I connect the Monitor to the Nvidia Card, I won't be able to use it. That's why its not using the Nvidia Card and using the Integrated Intel Graphics Instead. I will go and get a DVI HDMI Cable tomorrow and see if I can get a display again. Thanks So Much!!! I've always used a laptop so I had no idea I have to connect straight to it. Will give you an update tomorrow when I get the cable, 2am here in NZ

10. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    If you want to use the integrated Intel HD Graphics 4600 device, you connect your monitor to its port.
    If you want to use the dedicated NVIDIA Quadro K2000D graphics card, you connect your monitor to its port.
    You have your monitor connected to the integrated device, and then you disabled it.
    That's why your monitor doesn't work.
    As Macboatmaster already said, you need to connect the monitor to the graphics card.

----------------------------------------------------------------

darylxavier likes this.
  11. Macboatmaster

Be careful which you buy you appear to be using the HDMI on the integrated graphics for sound as well as I cannot see a speaker connection on the I/O plate
    Your card has DVI-D and DVI-I
    DVI-D carries only digital signals
    DVI-I carries both
    You will note that one of the connections on the card is the same as that on the I/O plate above the HDMI connection on your screenshot
    That is DVI-D
    the one to the left of that on the card is DVI-I
    they are both dual link

You cannot connect a MALE DVI-I to the female DVI_D on your card, as you can see the pins for the male DVI-I have no female slots in the card connection.
    Note that female DVI-D connectors will not accept male DVI-I cables as those connectors have the additional 4 analog pins that DVI-D lacks.

I cannot ascertain if your card carries audio as well as the graphics - I would think it does but you need to check - If you need further advice what is the actual make of the card.
    Just because it is shown as Nvidia does not mean that is the make of the card, that is only the GPU chip on the card
    If your monitor is digital which I presume it is as you are connected HDMI on the I/O plate then the DVI-D connection on the card will carry digital as explained

Here is the explanation of the audio from DVI
    https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/ans...-will-audio-be-transmitted-over-this-cable-to

Last edited: May 28, 2019
    darylxavier likes this.
  12. darylxavier

I manage to get a DVI-I Adapter and I got my display again!!! Thank You Soooo Much, I really appreciate the help!! Everything is working fine now, although when I connect to the HDMI Port, does not give me display anymore although I've enabled the Intergrated Graphics.

I face yet another problem. I've just installed the TP-Link PCI-E WiFi Card, Model Archer T6E and when I trying installing the Driver, it just freezes my PC. Can't move the mouse or keyboard, can't go to task manager, anything, Just frozen. And when I force it off and restart, I can't start the PC anymore, It starts with The Gigabyte Logo, then just blank and eventually switches off. When that happens, I'll have to use a USB Bootable Drive to Reinstall Windows which would let me turn the PC on again. When I try again, same thing happens. One time, the display just shuts off. I did it a couple of times. Any clue what is happening?

13. GamerBlackAcid

GamerBlackAcid

You can try doing this to check if the pc is responding:
    (WARNING: you need to know what your ip address for your pc is. If you wanna know what our is, just click on this link.)
    1. Open command prompt by right clicking on the start button (ON YOUR LAPTOP) and then clicking command prompt.
    2. Type "ping" and then give a space and type your ip address. (Without the quotation marks)
    3. Press enter and then if stuff appeares with some particular ping values, YOUR PC IS RESPONDING. But it is the brand new GPU that is causing this issue.

14. darylxavier

I think I found the problem. Saw online that the T6E/T9E drivers haven’t been updated for a while. I think last one was 2015 so the newer version of Windows doesn’t work with it and someone said to just downgrade to ver 1703 which worked for him as it didn’t work when he update to ver 1709. So I’m guessing after 1703, it wort work.

15. Macboatmaster

When you reply please type in box that appears when you return to the topic
    Please do not keep clicking reply on the last post that as you can see quotes back all that has been posted.

RE the HDMI display from the integrated graphics
    YOU will not get a display on that with the card installed, on the setup you have

Re the other problem which you now say you have sorted
    Well done.
    However I think I can assure you that the problem was NOT connected with the GPU card
    The issue is reported on the TPLink forum
    https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/110266?page=1&t=2019/02/16 10:34:58 +0000

If you have only just bought the TPLink then I suggest you raise the issue with TP as suggested on the forum.

Alternatively you MAY try NOT installing the driver from TPLink and see what driver if any Windows offers

Finally pleased to have helped
    and thank you for your appreciation

When you are content all is OK mark your topic solved please, click mark solved button on your opening post

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1227779

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice