1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

disabled onboard video card still uses memory

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by niassdw, Mar 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niassdw

niassdw Thread Starter

I have a Presario 5441 with an AMD processer and an onboard SIS 530 video card. I've tried to install an ATI Rage 128 but without much success. I've disabled the SIS from the device manager, switched over the display adapter, and changed the BIOS. But I checked in Compaq Diagnostics and it's still using memory that overlaps with the ATI. End result: the information goes through both cards and it locks all the time.
    Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? I emailed Compaq and the best advice they could give me was to write an Assembler batch file. I know Perl and some C but Assembler makes my head hurt.

thanks

2. MolsonMan007

MolsonMan007

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/125406

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice