1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Disabling autofill in Google Search

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by zedzares, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zedzares

zedzares Thread Starter

Seems obvious enough...but cannot seem to turn off this 'handy' feature that really seems to be a significany security threat:

How do I turn off the auto-fill feature in Google Search, e.g...

1. I cut n paste from an email, say um, a password retrieval...
    2. When I open a new Google browser window, Google 'conveniently' enters that cut n pasted text into the new search bar and executes a search.

? WTF ?

Thanks!

2. tompatrick

tompatrick Banned

What I think is it is the computer feature rather than the Google auto fill Google auto fill is used to remember the things you need to enter again and again such as the passwords login information what I understand from the question is that the computer buffers keeps the data that you cut it's not because of the google

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!