Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Disabling Cache

Solved 
839 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Cookiegal 
#1 ·
Hi folks.

If I explain my issue it'll be easier to understand.
I placed a Google map in a website. The map was situated on the left of the page. I wanted it in the middle.
Unfortunately, no matter what code I used, either html or css, I couldn't get it to sit in the centre of the page.

Every time I changed the code to move it, nothing worked.
I always do a refresh or F5 when I change anything on a page to see the result.
Then I accidently discovered that refresh wasn't doing what I thought it should. It was only when I cleared the cache that my code did what I expected it to do.

Which leads me to my question.
Does anyone know if it's possible to disable cache while I'm reloading a web page?

#2 ·
For many browsers, any of the following three actions will command the browser to ignore any cached content when reloading a page:

1) Hold both the Ctrl and Shift keys and then press R .
2) Hold the Shift key and click the Reload button on the navigation toolbar.
3) Hold the Ctrl key and press the F5 key.

This will reload all of the content from the server. There is a gotcha if the server itself uses a server-side cache of the files and is not aware that the original file was changed.

#5 ·
mukultiwari0101,

I've deleted your post. Please do not post if you have nothing new to add. Also, many of your replies are copied directly from other users or other sites and this is not acceptable. You can link to a solution to give credit to the source but you can't copy word-for-word and post it as if they are your own words. Kindly keep this in mind when responding in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.