1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Disabling Internal Microphone on Thinkpad

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by blather, Aug 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blather

blather Thread Starter

Hi,

I've searched your forums for this (and exhausted Google several times), and haven't quite found a response to it.

I have a Thinkpad (Lenovo R61, if that helps at all), and am coming to terms with this frustrating device known as the internal microphone.

Basically, all I want is to turn if off. Disable it. Be done with the wretched thing.

I use SoundCapture to record audio sometimes from websites (nothing heinous, just soundbytes to help with my studies). It works fine on my desktop computer, but this internal mic on my laptop is playing havoc with it. (Every time I try to record something, it merely becomes a muffled background noise, and in the foreground there is only the recordings that the microphone has picked up.)

I have tried going to Control Panel > Sound & Audio Devices and playing with the Audio and Voice options there (such as turning the volume down on both Sound and Audio Recording options). However, after doing that, I still could not get SoundCapture to successfully record any sound coming from the computer (or any alternative recording programs, for that matter). Also, now when I try and use a sound capturing program, the only 'source' I have available to select is Microphone. :confused:

I'm sure I'm probably doing something wrong; I don't claim to be a whizz with computers. But it's very frustrating all the same.

Any help would be lovely, either with turning this bloody internal mic off, or figuring out just what else I've managed to bugger up along the way.

Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/607265

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice