Disabling login feature

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Crius

I would like to disable the login in window that appreas on when the computer starts up (where you enter your username and password). All I want is to have the pc start up and go directly to the desktop, since I am the only one that uses this pc.

Thanks.

oh oh oh i just did this last night, and it excited me because i fix this all the time when i reinstall windows and i forgot so i tollarated it. it is something one of those security patches did

go into control panel,
administrative tools,
computer management,
go to local users and groups,
go to guest, right click
select properties and disable that account.

LauraMJ

Administrator
If one turns of the login screen so it goes directly to the desktop, is it reversable?

LauraMJ

Administrator
My guest user account is already disabled, always has been, I suppose, because I never have messed with it. But I still have always had the login screen.

The only other option I can see would be to go to the "groups" file in that area and remove the guest account, which I see is possible to do. But if I do that, how would I put it back, should I want to, at a future time?

LauraMJ

Administrator
That did it, thanks! I had an "ASP.NET" account there, too. Since I have no idea what this is, I figured I didn't need to have it enabled. Once I disabled that one, I no longer have to log in, it just says "welcome" and goes right to the desktop.

Much nicer. Thanks again!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts