1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Disabling start up items

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by livefortoday6491, Jan 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. livefortoday6491

livefortoday6491 Thread Starter

I wish to disable start up items that are not needed on start up. Can I safely disable all the list in the CCleaner, see attachment. Also how can I enable them if I change my mind. Can anyone help please?

Attached Files:

2. KomputerKid

KomputerKid

Can you please upload it as an attachment instead of a zip file? Thank you.

3. Headrush

Headrush

You can disable them, but you'd have to re-install the appropriate apps if you change your mind.
    (You could manually backup them up, but I don't suggest that for you.)

Are you sure you don't need them?
    Have you installed Huawei MobileConnect, it needs some of those.

4. livefortoday6491

He is the jpeg file attached.

Attached Files:

5. livefortoday6491

Thank you for replying. I am a little confused by your answer as I don't want to delete the app only stop them from automatically booting up when the Mac does. I am a bit mystified as to why the start up items appear in CCleaner but not in preferences > users and groups > log in items. I don't have Huawei MobileConnect maybe because I don't have a smart phone.

6. KomputerKid

KomputerKid

I don't know much about Macs so I can't help here.

7. livefortoday6491

Thanks but you seem to be on the wrong thread.

8. Headrush

Headrush

What CCleaner is showing and what is in login items are two different things.

Things listed in Login items in your user account are full apps that are auto launched when you log into your account.

Items listed by CCleaner are LaunchDaemons or LaunchAgents which are often behind the scene processes that usually don't have a graphical front end. They might provide assistance to other apps when needed.

The Adobe and Google ones you listed, periodically check for updates to those apps.
    The CleanApp one is part of a logging daemon that keeps track of files you install for easier removal later.

The other ones you could remove as you've already stated you don't have the mobile phone.

9. livefortoday6491

Thanks again for your help.

10. livefortoday6491

Mac Mini running Yosemite
    It appears I have deleted the folder /System/Library/LaunchDeamons by mistake.
    What can I do about it please?

11. Headrush

Headrush

How did you delete them? With an application, using command line?

They could still be in the trash.
    There are a lot of OS X installed Daemons in that folder that won't be easy to recover otherwise.

Don't you have a backup?

12. livefortoday6491

I deleted all those showing in CCleaner, using CCleaner. Some one has advised me that CCleaner can cause problems with OS X, would you agree? I have a bootable backup of Yosemite if I have to use it. Unfortunately the folder /System/Library/LaunchDeamons no longer exists in the Library. The trash has long been emptied.

13. livefortoday6491

I have reinstalled Yosemite but /System/Library/LaunchDaemons has not returned, what should I do?

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141695

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice