Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Disabling start up items

1K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  livefortoday6491 
#1 ·
I wish to disable start up items that are not needed on start up. Can I safely disable all the list in the CCleaner, see attachment. Also how can I enable them if I change my mind. Can anyone help please?

Attachments

#3 ·
You can disable them, but you'd have to re-install the appropriate apps if you change your mind.
(You could manually backup them up, but I don't suggest that for you.)

Are you sure you don't need them?
Have you installed Huawei MobileConnect, it needs some of those.

#5 ·
You can disable them, but you'd have to re-install the appropriate apps if you change your mind.
(You could manually backup them up, but I don't suggest that for you.)

Are you sure you don't need them?
Have you installed Huawei MobileConnect, it needs some of those.
Thank you for replying. I am a little confused by your answer as I don't want to delete the app only stop them from automatically booting up when the Mac does. I am a bit mystified as to why the start up items appear in CCleaner but not in preferences > users and groups > log in items. I don't have Huawei MobileConnect maybe because I don't have a smart phone.

#8 ·
What CCleaner is showing and what is in login items are two different things.

Things listed in Login items in your user account are full apps that are auto launched when you log into your account.

Items listed by CCleaner are LaunchDaemons or LaunchAgents which are often behind the scene processes that usually don't have a graphical front end. They might provide assistance to other apps when needed.

The Adobe and Google ones you listed, periodically check for updates to those apps.
The CleanApp one is part of a logging daemon that keeps track of files you install for easier removal later.

The other ones you could remove as you've already stated you don't have the mobile phone.

#11 ·
How did you delete them? With an application, using command line?

They could still be in the trash.
There are a lot of OS X installed Daemons in that folder that won't be easy to recover otherwise.

Don't you have a backup?

#12 ·
I deleted all those showing in CCleaner, using CCleaner. Some one has advised me that CCleaner can cause problems with OS X, would you agree? I have a bootable backup of Yosemite if I have to use it. Unfortunately the folder /System/Library/LaunchDeamons no longer exists in the Library. The trash has long been emptied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.