disabling startup things on windows 2000

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dj_bowser

hey
i know on xp you can disable them by running msconfig, but 2000 its different, does anyone know how?
and also, how do you disable windows messenger (the pop up things that say they know my IP and stuff) i did it on my old comp but i forget how.
thanks

You can download the msconfig exe for Win2K from here....

http://www2.whidbey.com/djdenham/Msconfig.htm

as for messenger......go to start>run. Type in services.msc Scroll down to messenger. Right click on it, then hit properties. On the general tab, under startup type, use the dropdown box to disable it. Click apply>ok.

Hope this helps.

Debe

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts