Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

disabling Wake-on-LAN. (pc goes to standby)

833 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  summerdragon 
#1 ·
ty for trying to help, but it didnt work, all was disabled, . see the main probleming im having is that for NO Reason, the pc goes to standby, (and i have check temp shutdown and thats not causing it). i have tried to over-ride this by prompting pc to ask me first, then i hit cancel when pc wants to standby. but after 3 or 4 times it shuts down and restarts pc. sometimes it restarts 2 or 3 times be i can run pc again. im running full ver. of win xp

#5 ·
Home Built
OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1 Build 2600
System Manufacturer VIA694
System Model AWRDACPI
System Type X86-based PC
Processor - AuthenticAMD Duron~1300 Mhz
Realtek RTL8029(AS)-based Ethernet Adapter (Generic)
VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller (WDM)
NVIDIA RIVA TNT2/TNT2 Pro
PSC604 PCI Audio Device, Philips Sound Agent 2 (WDM)
Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
Microsoft PS/2 Port Mouse (IntelliPoint)
Canon Bubble-Jet BJC-1000
Logitech QuickCam
Microtek scanner
"i checked bois and standby mode is disabled, pc still goes to standby and i dont want it to, i have looked for conflcts and there arent any" starting to feel i should just go get a new loaded tower."

#7 ·
ok, mabe no1 thinks this is a problem, but im getting tired of pc going to standby. i have now made pc asked me wot to do b4 it goes to standby, but after about 3-6 times it just shuts down. and i have to start all over. i dont know if its a prob. with win xp or if it is my hardware. i have check systems and it doesnt say that there is a conflict. we do the auto-updates but i have noticed that it doesnt do all that we mite need. i dont know if i listed the motherboard info, its "spacewalker mainboard-AK32". do i need to do updates for it? does it have problems with win xp?ohhhhh, and it has crashed a couple of times and took me to M/Soft and said "driver device" mite be cos. im lost now. all i want is pc to stop going to standby. and yes, it is disabled in bios. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.