Disappeared desktop shortcuts and hotkey issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

enso

Recently I noticed that at least 3 shortcuts disappeared from the desktop (there are about 50). They were not placed each other so I'm not sure why those 3, or when or how! I did not find them in the recycle bin.

I recreated those 3. One of them had a hotkey sequence assigned to it. I cannot re-assign this hotkey sequence. When I press the keys, the window blinks, looses focus, and no error message is displayed. Pressing this hotkey to see if it does something results in nothing apparent happening.

There is another shortcut with a hotkey that did not disappear. That hotkey works just fine.

I want to re-assign the hotkey to the re-created shortcut. Anyone have experience or a good thought about this?

plodr

Liz
It helps if you mention what program you are using to assign hotkeys sequence to certain things.

enso

uh, it's called a "keyboard". Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but I'm not using a program to assign a hotkey sequence. I'm typing on the keyboard in the Shortcut Key field of the Properties dialog. That would be the properties of the desktop shortcut I'm trying to assign the hotkey sequence to.

If this does not resolve our misunderstanding, perhaps you would describe what info you want with more information.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online