1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Disappearing Burner

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by joker, Nov 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joker

joker Thread Starter

Everytime I've installed all the software for my soundblaster card my Cd burner disappears from the my computer window and is inacessable. I am using the Plantinum 5.1 edition of the creative brand. My cd burner is a plextor 12/10/32A. Just recently I noticed that when I do a full installation of the soundcard windows will not let my dvd player stay in dma mode as well. Everytime I check the dma box it automatically unchecks it after I hit refresh. Not sure what the problem is but Creative has yet to get back to me. So if any of you guys know how to solve this problem I would appreciate it.

2. slipe

slipe

Go to Plextor and get the latest firmware: http://www.plextor.com/english/support/downloads/firm_1210.html
    And update your recording software – you don’t mention what it is.
    Also get the latest driver from Creative.

Many incompatibilities are fixed by software and firmware updates. You need only apply the most recent update as they include all of the previous updates.

Get back if you still have a problem with everything updated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59845

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice