1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

disappearing drives

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by kimberly1965, Jan 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kimberly1965

kimberly1965 Thread Starter

help please
    Ok, i will try my best to describe my problem the best I can.
    I have windows 98. I dont have an antivirus or a firewall, because I didnt think i had anything important that anyone would want. or i figured i could always reformat. Well, I moved into another home and I misplaced ALL my cd's, and I have boxes and boxes yet to go through. I did have that love letter virus, but i ran a scan that someone here recommended, it found it and supposedly got rid of it. Now......I am downloading all my drivers off the net, but next to c drive, it shows the logo of my modem ????I have us robotics, and i cant get to the stuff in my c drive, Now, i know i most also be getting hacked, because i went to get an address that i kept in my documents, and my documents were all missing, when i finally went into my paint shop pro and found some of them...i noticed, that the addresses had mean things wrote in them...Like Jen the Ho, and sally the slutt, stuff like that. So...My question is...What can I do exactly?

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Kimberly, I split your post off from the other thread that you posted in. You'll get better response also in the Security forums, so that's where I've moved you.

3. jm100dm

jm100dm

First you should install a firewall to stop the intrusions. Install a permanent anti-virus program then run another virus scan with the latest updates.

Check this link for tools that you can use. Download spybot and get the updates. Run it by clicking on checknow. If you have more questions post them so someone can help.

http://forums.techguy.org/t110854/s40a1149509b1012e058147b9c8f4633d.html

jm100dm

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115709

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice