1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Disappearing email in THunderbird!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by jbthcaceituna, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jbthcaceituna

jbthcaceituna Thread Starter

I have lost May through August only ...all emails have disappeared from my inbox although the number counter lower right indicates the right total. I am stymied.
    Help!:

2. hewee

hewee

Mail

Backup your profile email folder first.

Mail Account Folder Location

Restore Netscape or Mozilla Deleted Mail •• Only Under Specific Conditions

Just be sure to have a backup first of your mail.

You may want to try this first to see what happens.
    Go to your mail folder and delete the .msf extensions files. Your have one for each the inbox, drafts, sent, trash etc. Then you have them in the folders you made too.
    They are like a index of what is really in the other file under the same name.
    Read here the Manually Transfer Mail Files
    With Thunderbird closed down delete the "Inbox.msf" and other folders that your missing email from delete the .msf file.
    Now open Thunderbird and click on each of the inbox, sent, and other folders and it will rebuild the .msf file for each.
    Now see if you have all your mail.

Also if you moved mail to the trash and deleted it only by using the big delete button what I said above you may be able to get what was deleted back.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/619229