Disappearing/Freezing Cursor

BobbyBlaze

My cursor is constantly disappearing from the screen / freezing onscreen. I have clicked off the "Hide Cursor" option. I have disabled the HD Compatible Cursor so only the PS2 Cursor will be recognized. What I have done is not fixing the problem. I am using a 2019 Dell Inspirion laptop which has Windows 10 loaded on it. The only way I have been able to get the cursor working again is to do a hard shut-down and reboot. I sometimes have to do this 3 or 4 times before the cursor will appear again. I am not using a mouse. I am using only the touchpad of my laptop. I apologize, but I could not get your System Info Utility to run. Any advice for a permanent fix will be greatly appreciated! Thank You!

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19042, Installed 20210312231256.000000-300
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 142 Stepping 10, CPU Count: 8
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 916 GB (846 GB Free);
Motherboard: Dell Inc. 0F1VY1, ver A00, s/n /F4N8XS2/CNCMC008CK0037/
System: Dell Inc., ver DELL - 1072009, s/n F4N8XS2
Antivirus: Norton Security, Enabled and Updated
I've copied-and-pasted your log here from your other thread.
You need to keep everything in one thread and not start a new thread.
I've requested your other thread be closed.

--------------------------------------------------

My guess the reason that your cursor is not appearing is that it is not detecting the hardware ( the touchpad ) . Open the Control Panel > Device Manager and locate your touchpad, right click on the driver and select Update, See if that helps.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
You have THIS Dell Inspiron 5770 Notebook PC which appears to have premium warranty support until February 2023.

Until you get the touchpad issue resolved, you should be able to use an external USB wireless mouse.

--------------------------------------------------

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online