1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

disappearing hardrive after reeboot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by iamstuck, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iamstuck

iamstuck Thread Starter

hi
    i have a primary master hard drive 40gb and a primary slave hard drive 200gb. which i partitioned to 4 primary partitions H: I: J: K:. so i thought i got it done. But after i reboot all the primary partitions are gone. and i only get drive H: which is 32gb and the others gone.

2. Yellowdog

Yellowdog

Hello,
    Is there a particular reason you need/want your drives divided up that way? I don't understand why some of your space is "dissappearing" either though. Let me know about your need/want for having it divided up in that manner? Did you use fdisk and format or did you use something like E-Z Drive(Western Digital) software to partition your drives?

Yellowdog ;)

3. iamstuck

iamstuck Thread Starter

well i wanted to use the divided drives for like movies, pics, anime n stuff. I used maxblast3 to partition the first drive (45 gb) then after that, i restart and theres around 160gb of unallocated space. i split them up evenly to 3 drives (I: J: K:) and format them. But when ever i reboot they dissappear.

can u help me?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327514

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice