1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Disappearing text

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by sasnak, Jan 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sasnak

sasnak Thread Starter

I have Windows 98 SE and every so often the text will start to disappear from first the desktop icon boxes then is spreads until I shut down, that is the only way I know to cure it.
    Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so is there a cure? It doesn't happen very often and I can put up with it,but I am just curious if anyone else has had this happen and possibly if someone knows what causes it,like is it a quirk within windows?
    I added an attachment of a picture of what the screen looks like when this happens.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. nlcaravan

nlcaravan

I am not sure, but it sounds like a virus. I would perform a full system virus scan.

3. sasnak

sasnak Thread Starter

I do that once a week and all is fine.

4. Del

Del

Could it be the video adapter?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115134

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice