1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Disappearing Yankee Clipper icon

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by grandpaw7, Feb 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. grandpaw7

grandpaw7 Thread Starter

I have used Yankee Clipper for a number of years now and it has been a great deal of help to me, largely because of its simplicity. But after I got XP the YC icon on my System Tray started to disappear, not always, but when it did I couldn't find a way to get the YC window to display. When I would click on the YC icon on my desktop or go to YC in Windows Explorer, I would get a message that YC was already running and to look at the System Tray (where the YC icon was no longer there).

YC told me that the problem must have something to do with XP, but couldn't say what. YC suggested that I click Ctrl/Alt/Y. That sometimes brought up the YC screen but not always. It didn't restore the icon to the System Tray.

I wonder if anyone has a suggestion as to what might be the problem and how I can solve it.

grandpaw7

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Perhaps it's not in your startup and should be (and used to be)?

Hit Start-->Run and type msconfig and hit enter.
    Go to the Startup tab.
    Do you see anything that resembles Yankee Clipper?
    If you do and it is NOT checked, check it.
    If you don't, reinstall Yankee Clipper. See if you're asked if you want it to start when Windows starts (or to put an icon in the system tray) and say "yes".

3. grandpaw7

grandpaw7 Thread Starter

Thanks, Anne. YC is checked in StartUP and also is checked to never be hidden. I wanted to uninstall and then reinstall but found that YC is not listed in Add/Remove (or in Start>Programs, so I couldn't figure out how to uninstall. I did install YC over the old installation, which put YC in Add/Remove and Start>Programs, so I'll see if that makes a difference. grandpaw7

4. grandpaw7

grandpaw7 Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/441648

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice