1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Disappointed!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tstscorpio, Nov 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tstscorpio

tstscorpio Thread Starter

:eek: Not really,but I asked a question about a compressed zip folder and the one feed back I got seemed too hard for me to handle so I'll try it again. I created a compressed zip folder to keep my files private because with a compressed folder you can put a password on it.It all was working fine 'till for some stupid reason I dragged and dropped my password protected compressed zip folder into another folder with out removing the password first.I've tried every thing I know to get it out of the other folder including the Extract File Wizard,{which suppose to let you remove the pass word}, but all I get is Access Denied.Some one needs to be brave and try this and see how you make out and Please let me know. :eek:

2. valis

valis Moderator

have you tried moving it in safe mode, or through the command prompt?

3. tstscorpio

tstscorpio Thread Starter

Thank You Vilas,but I don't know how to do the safe mode or command propt..Can you mail me direct and tell me how Please?

4. valis

valis Moderator

first off, you should never post your email into a forum....opens one up to all sorst of unwanted spam....

next on the agenda, to reboot into safe mode, assuming you have a recent-ish windows OS, reboot, and tap f8 until you get all sorts of options like 'safe mode', 'safe mode with networking', etc....choose safe mode, then try to delete it. if that doesn't work, you can try the command line, which is a bit more complicated....

but let us know how the safe boot works.

5. Jag11

Jag11

Another way if it doesn't work.

Start > Run

type in:

msconfig

Then click the BOOT.INI tab and under Boot Options, select /SAFEBOOT, then click OK, it will ask you to restart the comp, click Restart.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/414119

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice