Disc configuration difficulties... XP no longer recognizes my 2 SATA drives

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

msonberg

I've done a good deal of reading through forums already and have yet to arrive at a solution. Here's what I've got so far:

I have 2 drives used for data storage in addition to my boot drive. That means I have 3 separate physical drives... all SATA. I was using Kingwin's mobile hdd rack so that the 2 data storage drives were hotswappable. After running into the problem I skipped the Kingwin setup and connected directly to the MB and still experienced the same problem.

I noticed the following errors in teh event log:

ID: 2 - Source: LDM -- INTERNAL Error - The disk group contains no valid configuration copies

ID 6 - Source: dmboot -- Failed to auto-import disk group Cory-c6bd30de4bDg0. All volumes in the disk group are not available.

ID 9 - Source: UISata -- The device, \Device\Scsi\UlSata1, did not respond within the timeout period.

I do not see the drives listed in windows explorer but I do see them listed in Device Mgr and Disk Management. Under DiskMgmt the drive is listed as Disk 1 Dynamic Offline and I tried to "Reactivate" it but it gives me an error: The operation did not complete. Check the System Event Log for more info.

I think that's what I've been able to put together so far. Here are my system specs:

MB: Asus P4C800-e
Processor: Pentium4 3.2Ghz
2 GB RAM
WinXP Pro v. 2002 SP3

The drives in question are: WD5000AACS

I did find this thread that looked pretty accurate, but I don't have the knowledge enough to be doing a lot of trial and error here.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online