1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Disc drive not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Darkflameth, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkflameth

Darkflameth Thread Starter

i was using my disc drive on my laptop(windows 7 toshiba) ealier today but just now it came out of my computer when i put it back in it would scan this disc but then nothing when i tryed to look for it in my computer it was there for a few secounds then vanishes is there a way to fix it?

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    If the cd drive has failed it will have to be replaced.Do you mean the drive came out of the computer on its own?I would check the boot order and see if its even listed. If not it might be something that has come loose where the cd drive goes.I know that cd/dvd drives can go bad and wear out but ive never heard of a cd/dvd drive just coming out on its own before.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031160

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice