1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Disc drive won't read any disc after burning

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by oh-hush, Jul 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oh-hush

oh-hush Thread Starter

I have a HP laptop running Vista Home Premium. I have a DVD+/- R/RW with Lightscribe drive.

After I burn any type of CD or DVD, either in iTunes or using the default program that came with my computer, no CD or DVD will be recognized by my computer until I restart the computer.

If I go to My Computer after inserting a disc it will show an icon for "CD-Rom" (i put in a audio cd) and if I double click on it will prompt with "Insert a Disc" and eject my drive.

The fact that if I restart and it works is alright, but it's stupidly annoying if I'm trying to back-up my computer and I have to restart every time I want to burn another CD.

What can I try to do to fix this?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/845968

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice