1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Disc Drives (CD/DVD) not working correctly.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Whaines, Jan 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Whaines

Whaines Thread Starter

My DVD drives are not working correctly. They do not play or read DVDs very well but can still work with CDs. Actually.... only one of them works with CDs... I recently upgraded my power supply, the other one was going bad. What do you guys think?

2. winbob

winbob

"My DVD drives are not working correctly. They do not play or read DVDs very well"

What exactly does this mean??

3. Whaines

Whaines Thread Starter

I can sometimes use CD's but I can NEVER read DVD's and such. I can burn cds, however.

4. winbob

winbob

"They do not play or read DVDs very well"

OK, so not very well means not at ALL!

Did they ever work with DVD's? I say "THEY", because you intimate that there are multiples involved...is this correct?

What are the Make/Mdl of the units?

5. Whaines

Whaines Thread Starter

Wow, I'm sorry, I wasnt very good at describing this at all. Let me restart. My two drives are having problems. One is a DVD-RW, the other a DVD/CD-RW.

Anyway, The DVD/CD-RW will not read DVD's at all, will not recognize that they are there. It has some problems reading regular CD's, but sometimes works. It will burn CD's fine though. I think this is the drive http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=27-100-042&DEPA=1

The DVD-RW will read DVD's, but does so very strangely. Cannot watch a DVD because it chops while it reads them. It will read CD's most of the time. It will also burn CD's without incident. Have not tried burning DVDs because I have nothing to burn at the moment. I think this is the drive http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=27-106-960&depa=1.

Again, I apologize for my ambiguity.

6. Whaines

Whaines Thread Starter

Think of anything?

7. winbob

winbob

Not at this point....sorry.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325337

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice