Disc. stuck in pc.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Cactus43

Could someone tell me how to get a Zip disc out of my pc. It appears to be stuck in the slot and I cannot get it out. HELP:eek:

Cactus43 said:
Could someone tell me how to get a Zip disc out of my pc. It appears to be stuck in the slot and I cannot get it out. HELP:eek:
smash it on a rock?

Cactus43 said:
Not an option! Wish I had your sense of humour right now! :D
sorry yeah not that helpful, you may have to disassemble it, is it and int or ext one.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Welcome to the world of the "reliable" ZIP drive. Take a look at this:

Cactus43

Okay, I turned my pc off and let it take a nap all afternoon. Turned it on and tried again and nothing happened. As for the idea on the paperclip....I know that works great on CDrom drives but there is no little hole on the front of my zip drive.....nothing, nada, zilch. I do want to thank you all for your suggestions but it looks like the son will have to arrive in the morning and probably take the drive out of my pc or some other brilliant thing to release the disc from its clutches. :(

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Some ZIP models have the release in the rear, I have a box of ZIP drives here, a couple have the hole, others don't.

You might try this simple method. It worked for me once. Open My Comp and right click on the zip drive and choose "Eject". Sometimes the command will release it when the physical eject button won't.

DoubleHelix

Banned
Every ZIP drive I've ever seen has a hold to stick a paper clip in. You might need to look all around the drive and look really closely. But I'm sure it's there.

Cactus43 said:
Okay, I turned my pc off and let it take a nap all afternoon. Turned it on and tried again and nothing happened. As for the idea on the paperclip....I know that works great on CDrom drives but there is no little hole on the front of my zip drive.....nothing, nada, zilch. I do want to thank you all for your suggestions but it looks like the son will have to arrive in the morning and probably take the drive out of my pc or some other brilliant thing to release the disc from its clutches. :(

https://iomega-eu-en.custhelp.com/c...p_search_text=&p_faqid=4&p_created=1072727074

shows some internal models with the hole on the rear of the drive

yeah .......... thats what it said in the link i posted....half way down the page

yeah like post 5 & 6 show both the internal and external drive release locations

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online