1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Disc tray won't open using the button

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fieldmarshall, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Thread Starter

Having installed Windows 7 I now find that my Disc Tray won't open on the usual button, I have to go to My Computer and select Eject. It was working normally before the Windows 7 install. My system is Packard Bell iXtreme X2712. I have updated all the drivers and the machine says that they are all OK. your help most appreciated.

2. harriere

harriere

i am having the same problem,some times for me eject option also wont work..
    so i choose a pin and insert into the pin hole so the tray opens..i done this to some what nearly 100 times..after that i get serviced to change the belt...so now it works fine with the button...so you also try changing the belt may be it works..i am having windows xp desktop pc with samsung cd writer...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/969664