1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Disconnected Broad Band?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by crazy_Jerk, Sep 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. crazy_Jerk

crazy_Jerk Thread Starter

I'm (and 2 others) are connceting to b-band with a 4 way modem router, after awhile of uesing internet explorer or msnor other net related programs, it acts as if I'm diconnected, e.g. pages will not display and msn will not sign in and will give this message:

"we could not sign you in to MSN Messenger. it appears you are behind a firewall that does not allow a direct connection to the Internet. we tried to sign you in through an HTTP proxy, but your Internet Explorer proxy settings are either missing or incorrect. To adjust your IE Proxy settings, click the IE Tools menu, click Internet Options, click the Connection tab, and then click LAN Settings."

As soon as I restart my computer it works fine and everything is back to normal. This happens almost every 30mins to an hour.

Any ideas? :confused:

2. Rache

Rache Banned

It could be a few things. What os r u? Have you checked networking/advanced to make sure all r same settings?

3. crazy_Jerk

We're both on XP pro, and the setting are the same.

4. BillC

BillC

When you get a failure to connect, I'd see if I could ping the ISP. It sounds like the problem is in your settings.

Are you behind a firewall? Is this something that just started to happen? Have you changed anything or upgraded anything since it happened?

5. kennyismasta

kennyismasta

yah i have the same problem but i have xp and my bro has 98

we have a belkin brand router (3 port)

what do u have?

6. crazy_Jerk

What do you mean 'Ping'?
    Yeah were both behind a firewall.
    we've both happen this problem (and it's not new either). It happens all the time. (Having to reboot)
    No we have changed anything lately. We both up dated windows to see if that could fix it but it changed nothing.
    The router is an Ethernet/usb ADSL web excel 4 way.
    What setting could I change to fix this?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!