1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Disconnection problem in CSGO. Disconnecting after ~15mins.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Gugisloco1337, Nov 14, 2017.

Advertisement
  1. Gugisloco1337

Gugisloco1337 Thread Starter

Hello, a while back our internet started to behave weirdly and we had had a technician check it out but the problem returned some time later and the technician kinda fixed it and replaced our old router with a new one, supposedly. I started playing CS GO again after a long break but I did not have these kinds of problems before with the old router. So basically what happens is, whenever I play, my ping spikes up to 100+ or sometimes even is just 100+ all the time. And after some time of gameplay I get the red writing on the top right corner that warns me that there has been a connection problem. After this disconnect, I cannot rejoin the competitive game. I could do it once by restarting my router, but that is not an option anymore as it restarts the television and wifi for other users in my family. I do not want to come off as a rude person but Steam just gave me like 50 solutions and expected me to check out everything, but I just wanted 1 possible solution at a time, since I described my problem clearly and there shouldn't be that much more similar problems. By the way, the problem seems to be only when I am playing CS GO, whenever I am playing World of Warcraft for example I am not getting disconnected. I highly suspect that my internet provider or my router is causing this. Please help me, my friends are playing and getting ranks, but I am here playing League of Legends.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1199470