1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Disconnection problems

Discussion in 'Networking' started by kyshiro200, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kyshiro200

kyshiro200 Thread Starter

Hello guys , I'm having an problem with connecting to the internet, right now only my modem is plugged in to jack point and it seems to work fine all day. my problem is when i use an adsl filter with the phone line , the connection dced a lot and it vary. it tends to work at night more often and definitely can't work during the day time. The modem i'm using is an dynalink RTA1320v6, my modem is new everything is new cables ect except my telephone line.This is how is connected ,the phone line is attache to an extension cable then to the adsl+2 filter along with the modem line then in the jack point. i tried a lot of isolation test on cables,everything should be fine because it's new. I was wondering is there such an modem that doesn't work with filtering or is it my telephone too old?

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    it may be a faulty filter - can you try another filter at all

3. kyshiro200

yeah, i was thinking the same thing, i will buy one 2morrow. if this doesn't work i give up on fixing this myself. do u need my ipconfig or anything like that?

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    not if your diagnosis is correct
    connected with NO filter works perfectly
    connected with filter - disconnects

5. kyshiro200

yeah ok then ty, is there specific filters i need. if there is what do u recommend?

6. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    nothing special just need a broadband filter - not sure what country you are in - in the UK available from maplin and B&Q etc - around £10 each

7. kyshiro200

I live NZ , it cost around 15 dollars each. I have an question what's the average amount of dced when just the modem plug in? i get around 3 or less, this is good for the modem right? sometimes it can last an day without dcing once at all. Im gona be getting another filter very soon, in few hours going shopping.

8. kyshiro200

I'm currently using it with an filter, so idk how long i can talk to u for. But i will try my best to reply asap

9. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    you need a filter on every connection with a phone or other device connected
    The filter stops interference between the normal speech and broadband signal on the telephone line

i dont understand the questions

10. kyshiro200

yeah, i'm going shopping soon. I will be getting my filter then. My question was is it normal for the modem to disconnect 1-3 times a day on average. This is just the modem in the jack point nothing else.

11. kyshiro200

I'm going go buy my filter now, so i might not be able to reply quickly.

12. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    No - I thought earlier you said the modem/connection was solid without the filter - correct

13. kyshiro200

hey i got bk, i have new filter still dcing tho. Nothing has change. Right now im using just the modem in the jack point to reply. well sry about the solid internet, it's dc sometimes like maybe once a day but barely tho. What i am trying to solve is that the modem just dced a lot when it;s filter with phoneline.

14. kyshiro200

hey, i think i fix the problem with the new filter. ty for the help. i need to power recycle b4 to get it working. right now its filter haven't dced for ages longer lasting than the one b4

15. kyshiro200

should i mark this as solved problem?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/969970

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice