1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Discord Error

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by PantherQueen, May 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PantherQueen

PantherQueen Thread Starter

Here is my issue: I use the desktop app for Discord primarily. (Yes, I have Win 10, which was not a download but came pre-installed on my laptop.) I haven't had any issues with this until the 28th of April. My comp restarted &, upon trying to load Discord, it said it was installing update 1 of 1. Then it spits out the following error (error is posted below). I tried restarting my comp, but it didn't work. So I uninstalled Discord. But when I went to re-install it, it only got to a certain point & then spit out the same error. So I tried to look online for a solution. I found a video which I followed to delete the localapp folder & stop all the Discords through task manager. I did everything the video said to do except restart Discord because I couldn't. I couldn't even reinstall it. One site told me to pause my antivirus, which is keeping it from updating it said, but I don't know how to do that. So a friend of mine got on TeamViewer with me & tried to fix it. He ended up having to ask his tech support friend & they went through a series of steps to wipe Discord out completely & reinstall it. It worked great!... Until today. My comp decided to restart sometime today. When I loaded up Discord it said it was installing update 1 of 1. I thought 'Oh, no, not again,' but it went through & then said it was installing more updates (9 in total this time, not counting the 1). That went through but then said installing update 1 of 1. Then it spits out the error message again. How can I fix this & keep this from happening? Why is this happening? I don't want to have to uninstall Discord, wipe out folders, & reinstall every single time my comp restarts. I've never had this problem before. Can someone please help me?
    [​IMG]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1209628

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice