discovering a site's host

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

melias

how do i discover who the host is for a particular website? like, similar to finding out who owns a domain name using whois?
~melias

melias

thanks, got it. it was there in the whois lookup under DNS information, but i didn't realize what i was looking for at the time.

bassetman

Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten
melias said:
thanks, got it. it was there in the whois lookup under DNS information, but i didn't realize what i was looking for at the time.
Good for you. Can I mark this solved, or would you like to?

That won't necessarily tell you who the host is. Their host is likely a reseller of the company listed, or they host their own server on the ISP listed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online