1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Disk Boot Failure, Enter system disk and press enter

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by kreso9, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kreso9

kreso9 Thread Starter

For some reason my other computer i dont understand it alot but when it comes to a Disk Boot Failur, enter system disk and press enter i usually just shutdown computer plug out the wait around 5-10mins but for this time it has really driven me up the wall.
    at the moment now it hasnt worked and im asking for help :( here are some of the things i did... like i said before jst left it and wait... putting OS disk in and try to repair didnt work... try to reinstall didnt work it said it cant OS system something like that... changing my boot system to have HDD first and than CD-ROM than floppy (yes i do have a floppy drive).. but one thing it had told me Win XP when i first tried to repair it it said you have to quite when it count down on when to reboot it said if you have a floopy disk unplug it out and i did it and still not working... :confused: so im wondering if anyone out there can help me :(

2. techkid

techkid

First Name:
    David
    Hi kreso9, and welcome to TSG!

Your other computer has been having this issue for a while, if I am understanding this right, yes? And repair and reinstall attempts failed as well? Sounds to me like your drive is pretty much done for. Do you have a backup of your important files (photos, reports and all that)?

You can still have a chance to recover any files you need to salvage. You have two choices. You can take the hard drive out of the computer and either connect it to your current computer internally (assuming both are desktop computers), or you can connect it externally to a USB hard drive enclosure.

Let us know how this goes.

3. DannyBarugh

DannyBarugh

I had this exact problem a couple years ago. Hard disks like anything mechanical have a lifespan. After a period of time they either have to be replaced or fixed, but since a HDD cant really be fixed you need to replace it.

This happened to my C drive (which has my OS installed on) so it couldnÂ’t boot. AS suggested already try attaching your HDD to another computer as you can probably access the data on it, just cant boot from it.

Hope this helps :)

4. kreso9

kreso9 Thread Starter

yer thanks for the info umm just one other thing how do i find out which driver is the screwed one ?

5. kreso9

kreso9 Thread Starter

thanks for the info but 1 thing how do i know which drive is screwed ova :confused:

6. techkid

techkid

First Name:
    David
    Do you have more than one hard drive installed in your computer?

If you are unsure about how to do this, you probably should take it to a computer shop or to a friend who can help you with it.

One more question. Is the computer a desktop computer or a laptop?

7. kreso9

kreso9 Thread Starter

yer its a desktop computer and i have one hard drive i have basiclly around taken it out of the tower and gona get a new one and it is pretty anoyying because when i tried to connect it up to the new one it couldnt detect the drive :(

8. techkid

techkid

First Name:
    David
    How do you mean, it couldn't detect the drive? Does it show up in My Computer at all (may show up as E: drive or another drive other than C: drive)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/849046

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice