Disk boot failure insert system disc and press enter

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dorichatelain

Hi all,

I am new here and I am having issues with my desktop computer. It is a compaq. not sure what it all has but it is a basic computer nothing fancy. It was working great a couple hours ago. I then decided to move it. So I unplugged it moved it plugged it back in just like I had before but now it is saying Disk boot failure insert system disc and press enter. The only problem is I do not have a system disc for it. I really hope this can be fixed. I was hoping to use this computer for a craft computer.

My main computer is my laptop. Thank god I have 2 computers.

dorichatelain

I got tot he point with the system disc that there is a blue screen saying there a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down tto prevent damage to your computer.

The problem seems to be caused by the following file. setupdd.sys PAGE_FAULTIN_NONPAGED_AREA

Then it told me to restart computer so I did and it happened again. Then it told me to disable any newly installed hardware or software Which there is none. and then it says Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, Restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.

I have tried this but it doesn't work.

Then it has Technical information:

***STOP: 0x00000050 (0xE512E708,0x00000000,0xF7532F3E,0x00000002)
*** setupdd.sys - address F7532F3E base at F750E000, Datestamp 3d6dd67f

and it won't let me do anything else
any help would really be appreciated...

Thank you
Dori

blues_harp28

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What Cd are your using?
Is it the original Xp install Cd?

Disk boot failure insert system disc and press enter

Make sure that the Hard Drive is listed as one of the boot devices in BIOS.
Look in the BIOS and check that your Hard Drive is set as the first boot device.
For a Compaq - it should be F10
Tap F 10 as the Pc is starting up

Check that the Bios is set to boot [Start] from the Hard Drive.
In the Bios you use the arrow keys to move the Hard Drive to the top of the list.
Save and Exit the Bios - pressing F10 will usually do this.
Make no other changes while in the Bios.
=====
As you have moved the Pc - you may have knocked and moved an internal part - hard drive - Ram - connections etc.
Turn the Pc off - remove the plug from the wall.
Once you have opened the case.
Touch the metal case to discharge any static.

Check that all fans are free of dust and will rotate.
Remove Ram - Video cards etc and then Reseat them in their slots.
Check all cables and connections.
Including Hard drive connections.

Put the case back on the Pc - and see if it will boot to the desktop.

dorichatelain

It won't let me go anywhere I have tried and I can't get to the BIOS.

I opened it up as I was online in a chat with a tech and they told me he told me he could not help me. I vacuumed all the dust out of the computer and the fans are moving freely. I am not sure what is what in a computer. but all the items that are there seem to be connected. There is a bundle of wires that are coming out of silver box with a fan in it. These wires have connectors on them and there are 2 black ones that say P9 and P10 and then there are 3 white ones that say P4 P5 P6 but I can not see where they would connect to anything.
This is a basic computer with only one cdrom and what ever else is in there......

blues_harp28

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What is the model number of your Compaq Pc?
Tapping F 10 at start up - nothing happened?
Try F1.

blues_harp28

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I forgot to say that I got into the Help menu by pressing F1
Is it just the help menu - or can you see the hard drive listed.
F 10 - did not load the Bios?

This may not be your model,
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c00386164

The next move would be to run a Hard drive test.
SeaTools for DOS tutorial - ISO to CD
http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/201271en
SeaTools for DOS | Seagate
http://www.seagate.com/support/inte...-electronics/ld25-series/seatools-dos-master/

http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online