disk boot failure insert system disc

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

stilllearnin

Hello Anybody!
I have an older PC it was running WinXP and I wanted to upgrade the OS. I wiped the HDD completely and when I go to insert the Vista Systems disc (or any systems disc XP, Vista, Win7) I keep getting the following message: disk boot failure insert system disc and press enter.
Please help!!!:confused:

Hi Stilllearnin,

It sounds as if your computer is set to boot from the hard drive first and is not actually attempting to boot from your CD/DVD drive.

Go into the BIOS and change the order of boot devices, making sure that the CD/DVD drive is at the top of the list.

Let me know if this works!

I've got a hp pavilion 553x with windows xp, is intel is a pentium 4, it also has a DVD RW and a CDRW in it to with an floppy drive. Last night after fixing the promblem and cleaning it. the computer was working find until i turn it off last night about 2am. and not it is asking for the system disk that i don't have any more. On my screen for the past few hours it been saying Disk boot failure and insert system disk and press enter, then goes black for about 25 min. and back to the same screen with the wording disk boot failure and insert system disck and press enter. Can some one plz help me with this.

Sounds as if you're not booting from the C: drive. please go into your BIOS and make sure that the main hard drive is set to boot first.

You can also bring up the boot menu and manually choose to boot from the C: drive.

Finally, make sure your floppy drive is empty.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts