1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Disk Boot Failure,insert System Disk And Press Enter///PLEASE HELP???

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by d_kollar, Sep 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d_kollar

d_kollar Thread Starter

Hey well basically i just download Windows XP SP2 when i had SP1 Orgiinally installed and when i installed SP2 this is when the problem started to occur so i reformated it back to SP1 and now everytime i boot up it always needs the "WINDOWS XP CD" to boot up.

Before it loads to the login place it has a black screen and says

VERYFIY DMI POOL DATA
    BOOT FROM CD
    DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

I press enter without a cd it dosnt load up just keeps asking the question.
    then i put my windows xp cd and it loads up to normal i want it to load up from my harddrive like usual its gets real annoying if you need your cd all the time.

I even went to bios and try changing the boot up to hardrive first then CDROM then floppy i even try taking the cdrom bootup off and the problem still occurs .. =/

I CURRENTLY HAVE 2 HARDDRIVES INSTALLED

20GB MASTER - WINDOWS XP IS ON THAT ONE
    40GB SLAVE - My Old Data Before i reformated to SP2 THEN BACK TO SP1

HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPREACTIATED THANK YOU =DD

DAVID.. (y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/399053

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice