disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ukboy

Hey, have built a new pc, but am using the same hd as my old one, when booting i get a "disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter" however when i press enter it boots up, not really a big problem just annoying and i wonderd if anyone could help get rid of it.

TIA

Do you have anything in the floppy drive or the CD/DVD drives. If you do do you get the same error with all media removed out of the drives except the HDD installed? It [possibly can be due to a boot order setup combined with media in either of these 2 devices.

ukboy

i am guessing it is to do with boot order, i dont have a floppy drive and nothing is in cd drive either, will copy boot order up now to see if anyone can help.

ukboy

HARD DISK BOOT PRIORITY 1. HARD DRIVE 2.BOOTABLE ADD IN DISKS
VIRUS WARNING DISABLED
FIRST DEVICE HARD DRIVE
SECOND NONE
THRID NONE
BOOT OTHER DEVICE DISABLED
SWAP FLOPPY DRIVE DISABLED
BOOT UP FLOPPY SEEK DISABLED
BOOT UP NUM LOCK STATUS ON

Dont know if anything else is needed. TIA

However...I have been reading up on the other threads and taking in there suggestions...which haven't been working...so far I've:

Switched to new Hard-Drive IDE cable.
Switched my CD/ DVD drive to Slave, then CS.
Switched the CD/ DVD IDE cable.
Changed the boot pattern and then when that failed manually disabled the CD/ DVD drive and had it switched to 'NONE'.

THE ONLY WAY it works is if I leave the WINDOWS XP Installation CD in the CD/ DVD drive and allow the system to 'skip' the 'boot from cd' option. (Hench...this is how I'm here...)

Everything here on this computer is new, except for the HD which is about a year and half old, worked perfectly until I formatted it anew for this new computer.

Do you need system specs?
Well, if you do and if you don't, cant hurt to put them, I'll be on after work to see what's happened.

GIGABYTE K8u939 (w/ NEW BIOS)
RADEON 9600XT (Sapphire)
AMD Athlon 64 3200+
XMS Dual channel 512x2, DDR 400.
ANTEC 412, (Mobo is still 20-pin).
Hmmm, and that's the basics that are in so far.

Thanks for reading.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online