1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Disk Boot Failure. "Insert System Disk And Press Enter"

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jamesat3d, Jul 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jamesat3d

Jamesat3d Thread Starter

Disk Boot Failure. Insert System Disk And Press Enter

Hi i have a self built Quad Phenom 9850 XP Home ed PC that wont boot, i will say now i am very much a newbie to this so sorry in advance.

When i turn it on there is a very long wait at the set-up screen (an s-series gigabyte M750SLI-DS4 board :confused:) and when it gets to boot screen it builds the DMI pool, tell me there is a data change and to update new data to DMI! and then goes to boot, only giving me this instead "DISK BOOT FAILURE. INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER"

I have not yet managed to get the computer working, the thing that gets to me the most is that less than 12 hours ago i was sat on the computer with it working fine and no errors.. :confused:

AMD Phenom 9850 2.5GHZ
    Gigabyte S-series M750SLI-DS4 board
    4 GB RAM
    Seagate 1TB HARD DRIVE.

There is alot to loose on this computer so i am very much hoping this wont be the case, Thank you in advance.

James

2. Jamesat3d

Jamesat3d Thread Starter

Still having the same problems, checked all connections for anything loose, the bios recognises the HD and there are no CD's or external USB devices connected to the computer, im very confused right now :confused:

3. win2kpro

win2kpro

Did you go to the Seagate website and see if your drive was one of the drives that needed a firmware update?

4. Jamesat3d

Jamesat3d Thread Starter

How would i go about updating my HD anyway if it did need any firmware, i am confused as the computer will not even let me boot so how would i go by updating this if needed :confused:

5. win2kpro

win2kpro

Get your model and serial number off the drive and go to the Seagate site and see if your drive is affected. If your drive is one of the one's with problems, reportedly Seagate will recover your data for free.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/843092

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice