1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk problem - Windows Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by picklednut, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. picklednut

picklednut Thread Starter

Hi

I have just moved house and my computer has been in storage for 6 months. I've just set up the PC and when I've come to turn the computer on it says "Disk Boot Failure, Insert System Disk and Press Enter". I have a Packard Bell computer with Windows Vista Home Premium installed but wasn't given a System Disk as this was pre-installed onto the computer. I suppose if I could log into the computer I would be able to run some kind of system restore but I can't get past the "Disk Boot Failure" screen.

I've made a recovery CD from the internet but when I've put this in the CD drive and even selected the BIOS setup to go to the CD drive first it doesn't boot the recovery disk.

When I click on F8 when booting it doesn't give me the option of booting from Safe Mode it just shows a list of bootable drives.

Help!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970990

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice