1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Disk Boot Failure

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by subchicknatzi01, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. subchicknatzi01

subchicknatzi01 Thread Starter

Okay, so my computer is coming up with this message on a black screen. "Disk boot Failure, Insert boot disk and press enter." What is this? What does this mean? I just downloaded a "Regicure" to clean up my PC because it was running very slow and wouldnt open some of my files. Everything seem to be ok, untill this morning. Now i dont know what to do. It wont even boot. That black screen is all i get...Please help me! I purchased this computer in Feb."07. Its not even a year old. I called HP for help, they refused to help me.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Please, please do not use registry cleaners. They will get you sooner or later. They only do harm and no good at all. They create new errors trying to fix "errors" that they define that are not really errors at all.

Is there a disk in the drive?

3. Claymore

Claymore

4. subchicknatzi01

Oh..I did not know that! Infact, i had several people to recommend it. Thank you, i will never touch them again. Now i am starting to think that might have had something to do with it. Because i just got it 2 days ago. No, i just looked and there is no disc in there. But there sure is a lot of dust build up around the USB outlets.

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

Do you have an XP CD?

6. subchicknatzi01

Am i doing this right? Is this where im supposed to reply? Im sorry, i am very new at this.

7. subchicknatzi01

Yes. I think. I only have 1 driver on my tower. And i have WindowsXp Home. I hope that is what you were asking.

8. subchicknatzi01

Oh wait. im sorry i didnt read that correctly. No, my system did not come with a back up disc.

9. Elvandil

Elvandil

Hmm. Do you have a manual?

Usually before a hard drive dies (not that it did---just wondering), there are some symptoms with the system not running well. Did you have any problems before this happened?

10. subchicknatzi01

That is very useful information. Unfortunately, i cant get my computer to load.

11. Elvandil

Elvandil

Do you have a floppy drive on the machine and a spare floppy?

12. subchicknatzi01

Yes! I had many. It was very slow running as well as booting. I had trouble opening some files Mainly in Windows Media'. It would freeze up to where i would have to hold the power button down for about 10 seconds just to get it to turn off cause it was completly locked up.

13. subchicknatzi01

No, no floppy.

14. Elvandil

Elvandil

Can you burn a CD on the machine you are using?

15. subchicknatzi01

Yes it is pretty new. I purchased it Feb 2007. And as far as a manual..this is it right here. I got warranty papers and a support guide. I called HP they refused to help me...and a bunch of run arounds. MY COMPUTER IS STILL UNDER WARRANTY! I dont understand!

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648806

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice